Dr. Zafar H. Zaidi
Center for Proteomics
Our Vision and Mission Statement
Dr. Zafar H. Zaidi Center for Proteomics has been established to provide scientists opportunities for collaborative research as well as tools for understanding and diagnosing human diseases using Proteomics technologies
- Contribute in improving the health/life style of the citizens of Sind, the nation and the world
- Conduct programs of research/education dedicated to understanding the basis for human health and disease
- Identify potential molecular targets for the treatment of disease
- Develop high-throughput assays for early detection of disease and the risk for disease
- Extent the recent advancements that are currently being supplemented in the area of Proteomics research.
The Proteomics revolution is in full swing in the international biomedical research community as a way to study and ultimately identify the protein molecules that confer health and disease in humans. Dr. Zafar H. Zaidi Center for Proteomics (ZCP) will develop and administer core facilities in Proteomics technologies as a means to facilitate fundamental understanding of disease states, discovery of biomarkers, and translation of these advances to improved clinical diagnostics and population screening. ZCP will work collaboratively with related science departments to achieve synergies and accelerate progress toward these goals.